the reason why sansa stark is an amazing character to me isn’t because she endures or because she is smart or capable, but because 99% of the characters in the story have gone through horribly traumatic things and almost all of them end up becoming huge dicks because of it while sansa, despite experiencing trauma during such a formative stage in her life, has only gotten more kind/understanding.
- Parents: Don't forget to make us proud
- Friends: Don't forget to socialize
- Teachers: Don't forget to get A's
- Strangers: Don't forget to blend in
- Opposite sex: Don't forget to look good
- Society: Don't forget to be perfect
- Tumblr: Fuck the world, they're peasants. At least you haven't murdered somebody today
- Tumblr: But just in case you want to get away with it, here are some tips.
History is a wheel, for the nature of man is fundamentally unchanging. What has happened before will perforce happen again.
—A Song of Ice and Fire (via mediumaevum)